Sunday, March 11, 2012

Will Brandenburg 6th in World Cup Slalom!

Will Brandenburg is from Spokane; read what he said about his day:
"I really needed that. It has been a grind of a year and I have been skiing great and haven’t been getting to the finish with a clean run. It’s the first time I have done that and been happy at the finish line of a World Cup.
I have the speed and sometimes I take too much risk. Today I skied smart. My coaches and I have worked on my line and tactics a lot. I took the right tactics today in a first run for where I was starting and in the second run I let it go a little bit more. You always want more but that was a great day.
I have battled where I try to take a more aggressive line and it sometimes pays off for good speed but it hasn’t paid off in consistency. I am learning. I will come back next year and hopefully build off this result and start getting closer and closer to podium."
Read More About the Race Here

No comments: