Saturday, March 10, 2012

Ligety Wins Large at Kranjska-Gora

Quote from Ted:
"It’s definitely a big victory, especially winning by that margin. I was proud of the effort I put in today. I think the last couple of races I was having trouble putting in the right amount of intensity and today I was able to find it and ski great both runs.
I am about 90-something points behind now and that’s difficult to make up in one race. He (Hirscher) would have to blow it and I'd have to win, but we will see. I am just going to try to take another good race to end the year and wherever I end up, I end up.
This year is pretty crazy. The season Hirsher had is incredible, he is over 600 points with one giant slalom race left. That's maybe the most points scored in giant slalom since I don’t know when. I have 500 points, which is the most points I have ever scored in giant slalom. It would be tough not to win the title but I am also proud of having that kind of season.
I feel like the last couple weeks of giant slalom have been a fluke, at least as far as my results go. Definitely I had a little more expectations for myself, so in that sense, it's tough to lose the title in just a couple of races. At least I am proving that I am right up there with Hirsher".
Read more here...

No comments: